db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: jira question
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:16:41 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I don't anticipate any significant time savings by scaling back the kind
> of expressions we support.  In any event, sarg-matching of
> indexableExpressions should not involve text comparisons. I imagine it
> would involve normalizing the parse trees and comparing the normalized
> subgraphs.

I'm just saying that getting some working functionality out for simple
expressions sooner rather than waiting to solve all the edge hard cases
is probably better. Getting a functional index working on something like
UPPER(lastname) will solve most people's problems.

starts chant

'incremental development - release early release often'
'incremental development - release early release often'

Dan.