db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Van Couvering (JIRA)" <derby-...@db.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-400) Network client message strings not localized
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:35:54 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-400?page=all ]

David Van Couvering updated DERBY-400:

    Attachment: DERBY-400.diff

I am attaching the initial changes I have made for this.  This includes the i18n framework
for the client and the conversion of a few exceptions along with the associated unit test.
 THIS IS NOT FOR INCLUSION IN THE PROJECT.  I am posting this for review to make sure I am
on the right track and there are no concerns before I go ahead and convert a bunch of error

Things to note:

- As Dan suggested, I am building a new i18n framework rather than trying to create a common
jar file
- I am adding support for SQL States at the same time by using the SQL State as the message
id for the message properties file.  This is the same model as in the engine
- I am using "XN" for implementation-defined SQL State to indicate client SQL states
- I am using standard SQL States where they apply
- I am using static methods to "encapsulate" messages with the appropriate parameter list.
 This is the same approach as used in the tools
- The LocalizedResource class is a cut-and-paste from the tools directory, with a lot of code
that did not apply removed (code used for formatting, etc., by ij)

Your comments are much appreciated; I do hope to avoid making a lot of changes and then realizing
my approach was flawed in some way.  So far it looks to be working pretty well... 

> Network client message strings not localized
> --------------------------------------------
>          Key: DERBY-400
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-400
>      Project: Derby
>         Type: Improvement
>   Components: Network Client
>     Versions:
>     Reporter: David Van Couvering
>     Assignee: David Van Couvering
>     Priority: Minor
>  Attachments: DERBY-400.diff
> In investigating DERBY-254, I discovered that all SQLExceptions are thrown with hardcoded
English error messages.  This needs to be modified to use message string resource bundles
similar to the embedded code.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message