db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject The name of the game....
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:57:42 GMT
What is the "official" name of Derby? The web-pages indicates that it
could "The Apache DB Project Derby" or something like that in the
header which sounds a bit awkward to me, or just "Derby" which isn't
very informative if the reader/listener never has heard of Derby.

Also, the next header on the web page says "The Apache Derby Project"
which does not indicate thet this is a product for use, but a project
to work on (One might think it's not finished yet.... ;-).

Possibilities I see (both as "official name" and on the header of the
web page): "Derby Database", "Derby RDBMS", "Apache Derby Database",
"Apache Derby RDBMS".

Any thoughts anyone? (Out of my list, I prefer "Apache Derby RDBMS"):
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway