On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:04 AM, David Van Couvering wrote:

Hi.  In some test code, I am getting errors saying the package java.regex is not found.  I suspect the tests are being built with JDK 1.3.  Is this a requirement -- can the tests not use any JDK 1.4 functionality?  Or is this just a configuration change I need to make?

For each test package, there's a compilation target which compiles the classes which use JDK 1.4 functionality. You'll need to make sure that your test is included in the target that compiles using java14compile.classpath and excluded from the target which compiles using compile.classpath. For example, in tests/lang, the target which compiles using java14compile.classpath is "compilet2".

But, is this test for functionality that is exposed to JDK 1.3 or JSR169? If so, I would think that your test should run in a 1.3 VM or J2ME environment.

If the test is for functionality that is only exposed to 1.4 or higher VMs, then you should probably add the test to the jdk14 suite to prevent it from running in pre-1.4 level environments.

andrew