db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derby.jar size/-g issue
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:32:03 GMT

On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:55 AM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> When I build derby.jar in insane mode I always get a jar file that is
> around 2.9Mb whereas the released versions are about 2.1Mb. I've
> tracked
> it down to the fact my class files include the compiler debugging
> information from -g.

I figured out the original problem here. The ensuresanitystate target
was just calling the sane target to ensure that a state.properties
file was available. This was then read in by a different target
shortly thereafter, and sanity would be set to true. A short time
after that, it would then be regenerated by the state target and read
in again, but sanity was already set to true and Ant would not allow
the property to be overridden by the next load of state.properties.

I've fixed this by conditionally calling the correct target in
ensuresanitystate, sane or insane, based on the value of the sane
variable.

As a side note, I also discovered that properties loaded into Ant
with the -propertyfile option do not undergo variable expansion, as
when loaded with <property>.

andrew