db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration from 10.0.2.1 to 10.1
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:49:57 GMT
Found this related JIRA entry as well:

from the 2nd link sent by Dan, it seems like we're doing internal
upgrade but it is not automatic. I see that we also allow soft upgrade
which is neat...

A question I have is when a database is being (non-soft) upgraded, is
it put in single-user mode (or read-only) or not? how are concurrent
DDL/DML handled against that database? (there might not be any issues
- I just haven't seen any restriction(s) mentioned during upgrade as
part of the documentation)

Thanks,

--francois