db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using JDK 1.4 features in tests
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:06:55 GMT

On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:04 AM, David Van Couvering wrote:

> Hi.  In some test code, I am getting errors saying the package
> java.regex is not found.  I suspect the tests are being built with
> JDK 1.3.  Is this a requirement -- can the tests not use any JDK
> 1.4 functionality?  Or is this just a configuration change I need
> to make?

For each test package, there's a compilation target which compiles
the classes which use JDK 1.4 functionality. You'll need to make sure
that your test is included in the target that compiles using
java14compile.classpath and excluded from the target which compiles
using compile.classpath. For example, in tests/lang, the target which
compiles using java14compile.classpath is "compilet2".

But, is this test for functionality that is exposed to JDK 1.3 or
JSR169? If so, I would think that your test should run in a 1.3 VM or
J2ME environment.

If the test is for functionality that is only exposed to 1.4 or
higher VMs, then you should probably add the test to the jdk14 suite
to prevent it from running in pre-1.4 level environments.

andrew