db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject getBoolean() throws data conversion exception for DECIMAL type in J2ME/CDC/Foundation
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:56:03 GMT
When I ran the test jdbcapi/resultset.java using J2ME/CDC/Foundation,
I noticed that call to the ResultSet method getBoolean() for a DECIMAL
value throws data conversion exception. I found that the class
BigIntegerDecimal, which is used for DECIMAL support in
J2ME/CDC/Foundation, does not override the getBoolean() method from
the class DataType. The getBoolean() method in DataType simply throws
a data conversion exception.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a reason for not implementing getBoolean() in the class
'BigIntegerDecimal'?

2. SQLDecimal implements getBoolean(). Can a similar implementation be
provided in BigIntegerDecimal? If this is the case, I can open a JIRA
issue for this and work on it.

Thanks,
Deepa