db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Potential bug when using distinct in subselect
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:14:22 GMT
On 7/19/05, Manish Khettry <manish.khettry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the patch for the "distinct in subquery" bug; ran derbylang
> with 0 failures.
> 
> I have also added a test case to an existing test (lang/distinct.sql).
> There seem to be multiple copies of distinct.out in the source tree--
> do I need to change them all?

Thanks for submitting a patch Manish. Please file a JIRA issue for
this to help us track the patch. I have added you to the Derby
developers list in JIRA. This allows you to modify and assign issues
to yourself. Once you have filed the bug, you should attach the patch
to it and assign yourself as the developer working on the issue.

Filing a JIRA issue and attaching your patch to it allows us to verify
that you have granted the ASF a license to use your code, and insures
that you also get credit for the bug fix. :-)

As for the multiple copies of distinct.out, the other copies are
separate master files for IBM's J9 JVM. If you do not have access to
that JVM to run the test and update those masters, I'm sure someone
from IBM will catch it and update the masters while running their
tests.

And thanks again for helping to improve Derby!

andrew

Mime
View raw message