db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: derby.jar size/-g issue
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:01:29 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> When I build derby.jar in insane mode I always get a jar file that is
> around 2.9Mb whereas the released versions are about 2.1Mb. I've tracked
> it down to the fact my class files include the compiler debugging
> information from -g. Now this is where it gets strange. I execute

I wonder if it is due to inconsistent use of these ant property files in
the build.xml files.

  <property file="${properties.dir}/sane${sanity}.properties"/>
  <property file="${properties.dir}/defaultcompiler.properties"/>
  <property file="${properties.dir}/${build.compiler}.properties"/>

Only a few build.xml have the sane${sanity}.properties, some build.xml
files only have the ${build.compiler}.properties. Should every build.xml
have all three lines as above?

Does ant allow some include type functionality, so that the same
information doesn't need to be copied to all build.xml files and instead
can be in one place that's referenced by all the others?

Dan.