db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject derby.jar size/-g issue
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:55:32 GMT
When I build derby.jar in insane mode I always get a jar file that is
around 2.9Mb whereas the released versions are about 2.1Mb. I've tracked
it down to the fact my class files include the compiler debugging
information from -g. Now this is where it gets strange. I execute

ant -propertyfile ant.properties clobber

ant -propertyfile ant.properties

If I use a -verbose on this last ant I see that all the compiles are
executed with the incorrect '-g' instead of '-g:none'.

Now if I modify a single file and execute the same

ant -propertyfile ant.properties

that single file is now compiled with the correct '-g:none'.

I've looked at the debug use in the build.xml files and nothing jumps
out as wrong, I'm using ant 1.6.2 and my ant.properties doesn not set
debug in anyway.

Any ideas?
Dan.