db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject [doc] Browser title for Derby manuals
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:09:20 GMT
Hi all,

I have just started using Derby, and thus I spend some time reading the
manuals. I am not a big fan of the split manuals, but what makes it
unnecessay tough to read the online versions is that the browser title
for all manuals is the same!

For the HTML Book versions the browser title is set to 'XSL FO
Document', for the HTML Files versions it is set to 'Web Sample'.

Due to this, it is hard to pick the correct manual if you view them all
tabbed or in separate browser windows. Viewing all, or several, manuals
is often required to be able to retrieve all the information you need.
Is there a specific reason why the browser titles are the same for all
manuals?

Further, although trivial, the typographical conventions described in
the manuals are not always followed. What do I need to do to be able to
make/propose changes to the manuals?

Should all documentation issues be tracked by adding Jira issues?
Small changes like change font for 'word' from normal to italics comes
to mind...

Finally, I am happy to see that there is quite some activity on
developing Derby, and I hope I will be able to make positive and helpful
contributions myself!

--
Kristian Waagan