db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using JDK 1.4 features in tests
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:30:21 GMT
Thanks, Andrew.  I was trying to add some functionality to look for a
pattern in a string, using java.util.regex.  In general this test is
intended to be run in JDK 1.3, and potentially (I'm not sure) in J2ME.

So, am I not allowed to use 1.4 features in these "generic" tests that
are intended for use across JVMs?  Sounds like it... Sigh...

David