db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: [Patch]DERBY-105
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:08:31 GMT
V Narayanan wrote:

> In this case it seems to give the correct output. This does not give the
> wrong output. Can you pls tell me if I am missing something. Is there
> something wrong with the way I have run the tests that might give rise
> to the false output earlier. Pls pardon me if my question is too basic.

If you look at the diffs in the diffs for the test output files (.out
files), you can see that in several cases the previouse status message
has been replaced with something that doesn't seem to make sense.

E.g. the case I posted previously has the previous status message was

12 rows inserted/updated/deleted

but now seems to be

12 --s executed

I think it may because the statement being executed was of the form

-- some comment here
  INSERT INTO T ...

That is the complete statement send to ij/derby includes the preceeding
comment.

Hope this helps,
Dan.