db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbc trace
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:36:31 GMT
Hi Slavic -

I'm going to guess that by trace messages you mean the messages that
normally are written to the derby.log file.  There are two methods that
can be used redirect Derby messages.  These are:
derby.stream.error.method  and
derby.stream.error.field

They were omitted in the initial version 10 documentation - you can read
about them in the 10.1 manuals posted on the Apache Incubator site for derby

I can get all derby.log messages sent to the terminal by setting ..field
to java.lang.System.out
I.E.
java -Dderby.stream.error.field=java.lang.System.out
org.apache.derby.tools.ij

Please post again and let me know if this is the information you needed
or correct my assumption on the meaning of  'trace messages' and I will
try again.