db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: JDBC auto-commit semantics challenge
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:33:59 GMT
I'm a little concerned that this issue seems to be withering on the vine
so to speak so I thought I would bring it back to the attention of the
dev list again.

In an effort to collect more information I have been running simple
tests such as the one I've attached to this email against db2, oracle
and mysql. The JDBC 4.0 specifications state that a ResultSet will close
"if the cursor is forward only, then when invocation of its next method
returns
false". Yet none of the Databases I've tested do this, including Derby
Embedded. The only test to follow this behavior I've found was Derby
Client and this way have played some part in the SQuirreL malfunction
mentioned earlier.

So will JDBC 4.0 "break" these drivers in this respect or is there some
other resolution?

On a related note would anyone find it beneficial if I were to collect
this thread into one document and posted it to the newsgroup? This issue
has gone on for some time now and I can understand if anyone is having
trouble following the thread.

Philip