db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject VOTE: Connection toString output
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:11:00 GMT
Hi, all.  Kathey had asked for a vote on this, given so much
back-and-forth.

I am copying the comment I posted to the JIRA bug DERBY-412.  Please
vote on whether this is an acceptable output format for the various
toString() methods on Derby embedded connections.

For some background on the different types of connections in Derby, see
the comments for DERBY-243.

Here are the message strings I am proposing.

[ ] VOTE +1/-1 on whether these formats are acceptable

=======

Physical Connections, Pooled Connections (EmbedConnection,
EmbedConnection30, BrokeredConnection, BrokeredConnection30):

(DRDAID=<drdaid>), (TXID=<txid>)

Pooled Connections (EmbedPooledConnection, EmbedXAConnection):
Connection=<underlying connection string>