db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby 406, 409, 410 patch
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:01:10 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Since this is open source it's useful to post the feedback on patches to
>the derby-dev list.

Hi Dan,

 My comments were

    -   There should not be a  default password set.  Client should use
USER_ONLY_SECURITY by default  if  the password is not set and
CLEAR_TEXT_PASSWORD security if set.
    -  Suggested he change  if (!TestUtil.isDerbyNetClient())  to  if (
TestUtil.isJCCFramwork())  around the setServerName part of the test.
    - Add javadoc for the new methods
    - rename a the testHelper method in dataSourcePermissions_net to
something like  testDataSourceConnection
    - Need a jira entry for testing setConnectionAttribute more thoroughly
    - Philip had added a getPassword method and I suggested that it
match what you were doing and we'd probably need to coordinate this
change with  you.

mea culpa for trying to rush this in too quickly this morning.   Due
diligence is important  with IRC.

Philip could you post a summary of your changes  to Jira?

Thanks

Kathey