db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Anja Klein" <Jaguar...@gmx.de>
Subject new create-statement
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:13:11 GMT
Hi!

For my thesis (diploma) i have to implement an extension of derby. I would
like to implement a further CREATE-statement for the production of data
samples. Thus for example the instruction "CREATE SAMPLE ON TABLE x"
should create a sample of the data from table x. Furthermore I would like
to create a new Catalog-Table like SYSSAMPLES.

I added the new Tokens i need to the existing parser, which creates the
associate querytree. My problem is, where and how this querytree is to be
executed.

I tried to follow the way of execution of a normal create-table-statement,
but i couldn´t understand it. There are so many functions/classes
etc., that i don´tknow where to look.

Could someone give me a hint or explain the structure of derby´s execution
part? I would be grateful also for an overview of the general structure of
derby.

Thanx a lot!
Bye, Anja

--