db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Network Client Driver password= behaviour different from Embedded Driver
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:43:54 GMT
Prior to logging a bug in JIRA I wanted to check if this really should be considred a bug.

Using the Embedded driver and specifying password= for the driver URL does not throw an exception
or warning:

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:myDB;create=true;user=a;password=';
ij(CONNECTION1)>

Using this syntax with the Network Client driver does:

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/blobDB;user=a;password=';
ERROR (no SQLState): password length, 0, is not allowed.

I've seen discussion about the behaviour between the embedded driver and the client driver
becoming similar, so should this be considered a bug to log in JIRA?

Also, I can't find it in the current list of JIRA bugs for the Network Client.

Thanks,

Susan