db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: derby.jar size/-g issue
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:44:13 GMT

Hi,

DHW> DJD> I wonder if it is due to inconsistent use of these ant
DHW> DJD> property files in the build.xml files.
DHW> DJD>
DHW> DJD>   <property file="${properties.dir}/sane${sanity}.properties"/>
DHW>
DHW> I had trouble getting the tests to build with debug option set, due to
DHW> the above usage, since "sanity" wasn't set anywhere (my ant.properties
DHW> set "sane" as per build instructions).

I checked the build instructions again and found this:

BUILDING.txt:
   :
   options on the compiler. The sanity state can be set to insane
   by running 'ant insane' or passing in the value -Dsane=false or
   -Dsanity=false.
   :

which seems to indicate "sane" and "sanity" should be equal. Not sure
that they are... I looked at the build.xml, but it's a little
confusing..  Can somebody clarify this?

Dag