db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Multiple engines in same JVM
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:14:29 GMT

Hi,
please see comment inlined.

DVC> Jeremy Boynes wrote:
DVC>
DVC> > I would like to explore the possibility of running multiple Derby
DVC> > instances in the same JVM, probably in different classloaders.
DVC>
DVC> You use the term "Derby instance" but I'm not sure what you mean here.
DVC>
DVC> Based on a discussion I had with Dan, a Derby "system" is the union of
DVC> all databases running under the same classloader.  Is that what you
DVC> mean?  Each system is supposed to have its own configuration.  But I had
DVC> trouble figuring out how to do this with multiple classloaders (see your
DVC> system properties discussion below), and nowhere do I see this tested
DVC> currently.
DVC>
DVC> I thought Dag, with Kathey's help, was able to configure things such
DVC> that you could have different Derby properties set for different
DVC> databases in the same VM.  Dag, how did that work again?

Actually, no. What I did was for my test was to unload Derby (system)
and then re-load it a number of times with different system property
values set (see test lang/errorStream.java).

Dag

--
Dag H. Wanvik
Sun Microsystems, Web Services, Database Technology Group

information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.