db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject More diffs between embedded and client
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:19:35 GMT

Hi,

I found some CLOB, BLOB methods to be not implemented in the embedded
driver (below), but they seem to be implemented in the client(s). The
client BLOB setBinaryStream seems to have a bug, though, cf. Laurentz
Albe's mail

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200507.mbox/%3c859414957.1121432109873.JavaMail.jira@ajax.apache.org%3e

I looked over the docs for difference between embedded and client, but
I didn't see any of this this described. Does anyone know what the
story is here?

BTW, I saw methods in CallableStatement which differ in this way, too,
e.g. registerOutParameter, but I did not look closely at those..

Dag

Not implemented in embedded driver:

Clob:

setString(long pos, String parameterName)
setString(long pos, String str, int offset, int len)
setAsciiStream(long pos)
setCharacterStream(long pos)
truncate(long len)

Blob:

setBytes(long pos, byte[] bytes)
setBytes(long pos, byte[] bytes, int offset, int len)
setBinaryStream(long pos)
truncate(long len)