db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "TomohitoNakayama" <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject conn.rollback in Database#close() even though there are either conn.commit in Database#commit() and conn.rollback in Database#rollback()
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:16:54 GMT
Hello.

Chasing DERBY-397,
I again came to have question why connection was rollbacked in
Database#close().

I understood that we need to make connection to inactive state calling
conn.rollback() or conn.commit() before conn.close()

However ,
if user execute commit or rollback properly before closing session,
it seems that Database#commit() or Database#rollback() was called and
responding conn.commit() or conn.rollback() are called,
and transaction becomes inactive and is possible to close.

Else if user did not execute neither commit nor rollback before closing
session,
transaction stays active and is just impossible to close , failed closing
connection.

In both case, we don't need to call rollback in Database#close().

Does Database#close() have something to do with case that session was closed
by accident ?
Or are there something to do with multiple database connected in single
session ?

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama