db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM (Øystein Grøvlen)
Subject Re: looking for opinions on reasonable hardware requirements for tests in standard derby suite
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:10:06 GMT

    MM> Another category would be long running stress tests.  It would
    MM> be nice to have a set of tests that run longer than seconds
    MM> to minutes, but not reasonable to expect everyone to include
    MM> 10 hour stress test runs in their nightly checkins.

    MM> I would still like almost all tests to be included in derbyall,
    MM> but it would seem reasonable for there to be a small suite
    MM> which hopefully could be set up to be automatically run on
    MM> some interval - worst case at least before a release.

I agree with you.  We need a testsuite for long-running tests and
large data volumes.  I have a feeling that due to the way we do
testing, the robustness of Derby for large data volumes are not the
best.  I know David had some recovery problems when doing a large data
volume test.

Hopefully, we can get someone to host the running of such a suite at
least every week.

--
Øystein