db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM (Øystein Grøvlen)
Subject Re: Problem with backup in storerecovery test suite
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:22:51 GMT

    ST> I think it is good idea  to make these tests run on different database
    ST> than the default 'wombat', otherwise

    ST> it will get hard to debug if there are failures.  database name can be
    ST> specified using 'database' property

    ST> like    database=jdbc:derby:maxlogwombat;create=true   in   <testname>
    ST> _app.properties file

Good idea.  I was a bit worried about this since the test first failed
because the table already existed from a preceeding test.  Based on
Dan's advice, I am trying to avoid to hard code the framework which
your example does.  How do I set the database name in that case?

Thinking of it, I guess the storerecovery suite only runs in the
embedded framework.  So maybe the framework independence does not
matter.  Would it be much work to make it possible to run the
storerecovery tests with a network server?

    ST> I noticed though backup tests have following test  properties :
    ST> useextdirs=true
    ST> usedefaults=true
    ST> you need to  create a file RecoveryAfterBackupSetup_app.properties and
    ST> put them there.  I really wonder

    ST> why they  are needed ?  , may be  test harness is  modifying user.dir
    ST> ..etc.

I printed out user.dir and it seemed to be correct.  As I said, the
strange thing is that it seemed to be able to create the parent
properties.  I will try these properties and see what happens.

--
Øystein