db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: 10.1 branch created / please review open 10.1 JIRA issues
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:27:02 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM schrieb:

> Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbefeld@gmx.de> writes:
>
> [snip]
>

>>Is the default schema the owner of the trigger then? Or why is the
>>default schema needed, if I set a trigger on a table in a non-default
>>schema?
>

> Creating a trigger reequires a "compile schema". And the default
> schema is used. (Even if you write something like CREATE TRIGGER
> schemaX.t1...)
>

>>>A schema that is being used but does not exist (has not been
>>>created persistently) has a null UUID.
>>>JDBC Connection's don't have a UUID that represents the identity of
>>>the
>>>owner. Derby's engine code is centered around the
>>>LanguageConnectionContext (LCC) and not the JDBC Connection object. The
>>>JDBC object could be seen as just a wrapper on top of LCC. Thus most of
>>>the connection's state that is relevant to the SQL language layer is
>>>held in the LCC.
>>
>>I cannot find any UUID getter methods neither in LLC nor its
>>superclass, while from my point of view there should exist some ...
>

> LCC->SchemaDescriptor->getUUId()
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/sql/conn/LanguageConnectionContext.html
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/sql/dictionary/SchemaDescriptor.html

I've looked at it. As I've seen, LLC supports only to get the default
schema (so it seems to be difficult to get a non-default schema for
compilation; probably "getSchema(String name)" should be added to LLC).
However, if there is no default user schema, default schema should be
"APP", not null (if I've understood the comment for "protected
SchemaDescriptor initDefaultSchemaDescriptor() ..." in
GenericLanguageConnectionContext correct).

Kind regards

Peter