db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: 10.1 branch created / please review open 10.1 JIRA issues
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:29:51 GMT
Andrew McIntyre schrieb:

> On Jun 10, 2005, at 2:29 AM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> what about DERBY-85? It is still open - will it be fixed in 10.1? Or
>> probably never?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Peter Nabbefeld
>

> It will be fixed when a Derby developer decides to fix it. Are you
> volunteering? :-)
Sorry, I don't have any knowledge of the derby source code. From the
comments to my questions (didn't know, that this is a known bug before),
I'd guess that it should be simple to fix it:
- It seems, that the UUID is probably used as the owner-id of the
trigger object.
- Because tables can be created in non-default schemas, while triggers
can not, I guess that there is some duplicate code (which has been fixed
for one case, but not for the other).
- I'd propose to add a method like "getUUID" to the Connection object,
so both implementations (table and trigger) could be replaced just by a
call to Connection.getUUID().
Just my 2 cents ...

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld