db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding predicatesIntoViews test failure in Derby 10.1 branch version 201931
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:03:51 GMT
Hi John,
 We've been seeing an intermittent failure with this test with some of the
jvms we run against on a slow machine.
It appears the test is not 'tight' enough to always pass on slower machines
- sometimes one of the queries results in a table scan, sometimes an index
scan.
I can't right now remember if there is a JIRA_CASE for it. If not, it
wouldn't harm.
 There was a bug filed at one point for the summary calculation being wrong,
but it looks like it was not fixed entirely - I think I saw that the
sub-suites seem to get it right, but derbyall doesn't?
I wanted to check into this, but never got around to it. A new bug would be
good as a reminder...
 Myrna