db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with backup in storerecovery test suite
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:48:39 GMT
On 6/8/05, Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grovlen@sun.com> wrote:

> ST> I noticed though backup tests have following test properties :
> ST> useextdirs=true
> ST> usedefaults=true
> ST> you need to create a file RecoveryAfterBackupSetup_app.properties and
> ST> put them there. I really wonder
>
> ST> why they are needed ? , may be test harness is modifying user.dir
> ST> ..etc.
>
> ØG> I printed out user.dir and it seemed to be correct. As I said, the
> ØG> strange thing is that it seemed to be able to create the parent
> ØG> properties. I will try these properties and see what happens.
>
> Setting the properties made the test work. I would really like to
> know what the properties do. Especially, since by changing the path
> from "extinout/mybackup" to "tmp", the test worked even when I did not
> set these properties!
>
> --
> Øystein
>
>  Well...Looks like the mysterious ways of the test harness make it create
& supposedly clean up the extin or extinout directories if useextdirs is
true. See harness.RunTest.java.
This I think makes a difference between when you're running the test with
RunTest vs. when you're running it through RunSuite or layers of suites.
 I don't know why/how tmp would work...Did it create 'tmp' as a subdirectory
of the test suite dir or somewhere else? (if you run the test with
-Dkeepfiles=true it'll give you a chance to see where everything goes 'cause
it won't try to clean up).
 Myrna