db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML build problem
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:38:42 GMT
On 6/9/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:

> Had more complete instructions on building using IBM vms.
> At least this in ant.properties as well as the classpath above

As long as the paths to where the SDKs are installed are set following
the instructions for j13lib and j14lib, I think this should be
sufficient (immediately following the description of how to set those
properties):

+
+    - java14compile.classpath - IBM JVMs only
+
+      IBM Java SDKs may be used in place of Sun's, but IBM packages
+      its Java runtime libraries in multiple jar files instead of
+      a single jar file, rt.jar. This means that if you are using
+      IBM SDKs to provide your Java runtime environment, you need to
+      also override the property java14compile.classpath in your
+      ant.properties file to account for the difference in
+      packaging. Define the variable as follows:
+
+      java14compile.classpath=${j14lib}/core.jar;${j14lib}/server.jar;${j14lib}
/xml.jar

Or do you think it is important to be more specific about the setting
of j13lib and j14lib?

andrew