db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject 10.1 release status
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:51:48 GMT
Hello derby-dev,

Here's the current status as we head towards a 10.1 release. I'm going
to cut the release off at the following new features, but I'd like to
see a patch for the first two shortly, or I think we should punt these
to the next release.

New features:

Unified DataSource API: Jeremy - any update? -  please file a JIRA
issue to track.
JSR-169 support: Dan - near completion? - please file a JIRA issue to track.
Synonym support: Satheesh - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-335
Initial XML support: Army - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-334

Showstopper bugs:

Derby-217: issue with BLOBs and batch updates. No one assigned - any takers?

Nice-to-have bugs:

Derby-156: Delete with alias on column fails - Shreyas - patch in review
Derby-243: Connection.toString() unique ID - David - patch in review
Derby-247: Demo for Derby Network Client - Lance - in progress
Derby-319: incorrect values for DatabaseMetaData.getProcedureColumns()
- Army- patch in review
Derby-337: dblook should generate SQL statements for SQL functions - any takers?
Derby-338: referential constraints issue - Jack - patch in review

The remaining open JIRA issues targeted for 10.1.0.0 are either
documentation related or a patch has already been committed and the
bug just needs to be closed.

Here is my plan for the 10.1 release:

- get the new features and bugs listed above into JIRA and targeted
for the 10.1 release.
- then, determine whether the issues targeted for 10.1 can be resolved
in the next week or so, or which issues should be deferred to a future
release otherwise.
- once the remaining features and showstopper bugs have been resolved
in the trunk, create a new 10.1 branch in Subversion.
- fixes for remaining issues targeted for 10.1 should be checked into
the trunk. I will merge any fixes targeted for 10.1 over to the 10.1
branch. This allows development on the trunk to continue without
interruption.
- drive the 10.1 bug list to zero.
- create a release based on the 10.1 branch.

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated. If you see anything
missing from this list, please let me know!

Thanks,
andrew