db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: Compile Issues
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:35:02 GMT
It's a bit unclear if you are still unable to compile or you are just
commenting on the build process. If you are still having problems a few
things to consider:

- Make sure the ant.properties file is actually in your user.home
directory. For me in a windows environment this is (as default)
c:\documents and settings\<username>

- I believe both JDK 1.4.X and JDK 1.3.X are required for successful
compilation.

- One of my favorite ways of checking to make sure all of the variables
are being used by ant is adding the following lines to the showenv
target of the main build.xml:

   <echo message="Additional Check"/>
   <echo message="  j14lib=${j14lib} "/>
   <echo message="  j13lib=${j13lib}"/>
   <echo message="  JAVA_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}"/>

 From command line you can then run "ant showenv" and be able to tell at
a glance whether the libraries are on your path.

Hope something here helps.

Philip