db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject DERBY-213 Early patch
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:57:32 GMT
I've attached an "alpha" patch for the DERBY-213 for anyone who is
interested in the DERBY-213 issue. It should be noted that the patch is
contingent upon our current interpretation of the JDBC
specifications/documentation. This patch is meant to address both the
early close problem recently discussed in Derby-user and incorrect
auto-commit behavior for multiple ResultSets. It is *not* meant to
address the issue of DatabaseMetaData ResultSets invoking an
auto-commit. I may file this as a seperate issue in the future. I call
this patch an alpha patch because there is one known bug associated with
it and potentially other unspotted ones. The bug in question occurs in
the lang/updatableResultSet.java test
specifically a call to:

System.out.println("Have this call to rs.rowDeleted() just to make sure
the method does always return false? " + rs.rowDeleted());
            rs.deleteRow(); //This line, approximately line 896 of the
test file.
      System.out.println("Have this call to rs.rowDeleted() just to make
sure the method does always return false? " + rs.rowDeleted());

I will continue my attempts to establish why this is a bug but as always
input is appreciated.

Philip