db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Documentation vs. Actual behavior with UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:03:59 GMT
Well, take a look at ResultColumnList.java. It has special logic to
generate a result column name if either side of a UNION has a generated
name or have implied or user specified names that don't match. I believe
documentation should match intended behavior of the current code. Of
course, the intended behavior of the code could be changed, and if and
when it changes, the documentation could change then.

Satheesh