db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: JDBC auto-commit semantics challenge
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:40:56 GMT
Philip Wilder wrote:

> I'm submitted a few changes to the last document that might aid
> understanding, particularly in the advanced section of the document. In
> addition, I've switched from Word docs and PDFs to straight text to make
> is easier to add inline comments.

I think you dropped the footnotes that you had in the pdf document.
The note that talked about JDBC 3.0 spec did not mention output
parameters for auto commit on callable statements.

I would challenge that the text from JDBC 3.0 spec, section 10.1 is the
definitive behaviour, not the javadoc of setAutoCommit.

View raw message