db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Building the Derby site on Windows machines
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:23:15 GMT
I added many files to the derby web site on a Linux machine before I
discovered http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt , and the result
was svn:eol-style for text files wasn't consistently set to native. In
turn, this meant that building the web site on a Windows machine showed
many bogus svn diffs, especially on the built site side.

I cleaned all that up, but a few files still show up as changed on Windows:

C:\jta\DERBY-SVN\site\trunk>svn status src build\site
M      build\site\papers\field-header-non-overflow.png
M      build\site\papers\page-format.png
M      build\site\papers\alloc-page.png
M      build\site\papers\container-format.png
M      build\site\papers\field-header-overflow.png
M      build\site\skin\print.css
M      build\site\skin\screen.css
M      build\site\skin\basic.css

I'm tracking down the story for these files. In the meantime, just be
aware of them if you're building on Windows.

And if you're on a Windows machine, don't let this hold you back from
contributing anything -- all contributions are very much welcome!

  -jean