db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: JDBC auto-commit semantics challenge
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:47:38 GMT
Philip Wilder wrote:

>> Hello all,
>>
>> In case you haven't been following the DERBY-213 chat transcripts for
>> about a week now Kathey Marsden and I have been working to establish
>> a concrete outline for the auto-commit behavior we wish to see
>> implemented with Derby. Many of the problems we have been having with
>> DERBY-213 have stemmed from ambiguous interpretations of the JDBC
>> spec, so we felt it would be beneficial to both us and the dev
>> community at large if we took the time to get it right.
>>
>> At the moment we are on the 4th draft of the document and it has
>> reached a stage that is satisfactory to both Kathey and I. As such,
>> we felt that it was time to get your input. Hopefully if enough
>> people can agree upon a single definition we can change this document
>> to match the general consensus and incorporate it into the
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/JDBCImplementation.html
>> paper as per Dan's suggestion.
>>
>> Anyway, I know many of you are busy preparing for JavaOne but any
>> time you  can take to challenge any of our semantic assertions or
>> just correct my grammar would be appreciated.
>>
>> Philip

Two notes regarding this issue:

a) Kathey and I are currently scheduled for a IRC meeting on
irc.freenode.net server, #derby channel at June 28, 5:00 a.m. PST. If
you have an interest in this issue but are unable to make it to this
time we may be able to make alternate arrangements.

b) Kathey has expressed an interest in having a wiki set up for this
issue and I can see the benefit of one. Does anyone out there know what
channels we need to go through to get our own wiki page?

Philip