db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject JDBC auto-commit semantics challenge
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:37:52 GMT
Hello all,

In case you haven't been following the DERBY-213 chat transcripts for
about a week now Kathey Marsden and I have been working to establish a
concrete outline for the auto-commit behavior we wish to see implemented
with Derby. Many of the problems we have been having with DERBY-213 have
stemmed from ambiguous interpretations of the JDBC spec, so we felt it
would be beneficial to both us and the dev community at large if we took
the time to get it right.

At the moment we are on the 4th draft of the document and it has reached
a stage that is satisfactory to both Kathey and I. As such, we felt that
it was time to get your input. Hopefully if enough people can agree upon
a single definition we can change this document to match the general
consensus and incorporate it into the

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/JDBCImplementation.html paper as per Dan's suggestion.

Anyway, I know many of you are busy preparing for JavaOne but any time you  can take to challenge
any of our semantic assertions or just correct my grammar would be appreciated.

Philip