db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Podling status report
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:45:18 GMT
Who should prepare this report -- you :-) ? and by when?

At any rate, here's some feedback on accomplishments and challenges
(with mod_mbox urls if they are useful).

  - Derby added a new committer:  Tomohito Nakayama
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200506.mbox/%3c42A8D5BC.5070401@Sourcery.Org%3e

  - Plans are under way for a 10.1 incubator release and Andrew made
candidate jars available for testing and review:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200506.mbox/%3cD279A0FF-BD1E-4388-95A0-489F5C7BA81E@gmail.com%3e

  - There is heavy development activity on both the code front and the
doc front. The number of Derby developers working on Jira issues has
increased to 34 (the number in the derby-developers Jira group).

There are many code challenges being worked on via the derby-dev list.

There is also one doc challenge being worked on, and that is how to make
one of the CPL-based DITA stylesheets available on
incubator.apache.org/derby to improve the format of the html
documentation.  Based on the advice of a Derby mentor, we'll ask the
author if he would be willing to license that particular file to the ASF
under the Apache License:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200506.mbox/%3c42B5ABE4.9000008@bristowhill.com%3e

Those are the high points I can think of. Anyone else should feel free
to jump in and add more.

regards,

  -jean