db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: derbynet/DerbyNetAutoStart.java hangs
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:17:40 GMT
Deepa Remesh wrote:

> In my test environment, the test derbynet/DerbyNetAutoStart.java hangs.

Hi Deepa,

I think that there is a problem with  this test that it waits forever
when anything goes wrong.

Tomohito hit this when he didn't have db2jcc_license.jar in his classpath.
Since this test only runs for network server,  I think it can also
happen if it is run as an individual test without specifying
-Dframework=DerbyNet  or -Dframework=DerbyNetClient.

Could you file a bug for the hang?  I think think the test should fail
and throw the error  it is encountering after some period of time,
rather than just retrying forever.  I think at least in both of these
cases, throwing the actual exception encountered would make the real
problem apparent.

Thanks

Kathey