db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: failure in lang/miscerrors, anyone?
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:50:44 GMT
It appears the XID is different for different runs.  I had assumed this
would be an invariant, but it's not.

This has convinced me that I should pull away from using a master file
to verify the correct format of the ids.  Instead I will write a new
test that does this verification.

For now, however, I am providing a patch that reverts miscerrors.sql and
miscerrors.out to their previous form.  I will create a new JIRA id to
add a test to verify that the format of the connection string is correct.

I ran this against lang/miscerrors.sql and it passes. I did not see that
it was necessary to run derbyall, as this is a very localized bug in a
single test.  It would be great if the committer verifies miscerrors.sql
passes for them too prior to checkin.

Thanks,

David