db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: ntework client xa [Dibyendu please read]
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:11:10 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>I have two outstanding  issues for Network Client XA
>
>DERBY-346  -  Running jdbcapi/xaSimplePostive.sql under the
>DerbyNetClient framework gives error "Cannot set holdability
>ResultSet.HOLD_CURSORS_OVER_COMMIT for a global transaction.".  I am not
>entirely sure whether this is a client or server bug

I posted a patch for DERBY-346 and xaSimplePositive passes without error
with this patch.
I will commit  this this evening if I hear no objections, but would
appreciate review especially in the context of my earlier question about
holdability and XA. Dibyendu you may wish to wait until tomorrow to try
out you tests after I commit this patch.

>DERBY-341 Client should disallow XAConnection getConnection() when a global transaction

>has been started and a logical connection has already.

This one is still an issue and is blocking bringing xaSimpleNegative.sql
into the derbynetclientmats suite.