db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: XML build problem
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:45:28 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:24 PM, Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>

>> On Jun 9, 2005, at 5:08 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>>
>>> Actually does that work? With ant it seems that within a  properties
>>> file
>>>  property expansion does not work. At least for properties defined in
>>> the same file.
>>>
>>> E.g.
>>>
>>> j14lib=c:/ibm142/jre/lib
>>> j13lib=c:/ibm131/jre/lib
>>> java14compile.classpath=${j14lib}/core.jar;${j14lib}/server.jar;$
>>> {j14lib}/xml.jar
>>>
>>> Never seems to work for me, I have to expand the j14lib to hard coded
>>> values.
>>

>> I know that it works on non-Windows platforms, as that is how I set
>> up my ant.properties on Linux and Mac OS X. But I have not ever
>> tested it on Windows. I will test it there and get back to you.
>

> Works for me on Win2k, with IBM JDK 1.4.2 and Ant 1.6.1. Which  version
> of Ant are you using?

ant 1.6.2

I've wondered if it is due to the fact that once the properties file is
read into a Properties object, the order of any enumeration is not
guaranteed. Thus the code may process the java14compile.classpath before
j14lib, or something along those lines. Thus it may be dependent on the
contents of the properties file.

Dan.