db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: XML build problem
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:08:47 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 6/9/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
>
>>Had more complete instructions on building using IBM vms.
>>At least this in ant.properties as well as the classpath above
>

> As long as the paths to where the SDKs are installed are set following
> the instructions for j13lib and j14lib, I think this should be
> sufficient (immediately following the description of how to set those
> properties):
>
> +
> +    - java14compile.classpath - IBM JVMs only
> +
> +      IBM Java SDKs may be used in place of Sun's, but IBM packages
> +      its Java runtime libraries in multiple jar files instead of
> +      a single jar file, rt.jar. This means that if you are using
> +      IBM SDKs to provide your Java runtime environment, you need to
> +      also override the property java14compile.classpath in your
> +      ant.properties file to account for the difference in
> +      packaging. Define the variable as follows:
> +
> +      java14compile.classpath=${j14lib}/core.jar;${j14lib}/server.jar;${j14lib}
> /xml.jar

Actually does that work? With ant it seems that within a properties file
 property expansion does not work. At least for properties defined in
the same file.

E.g.

j14lib=c:/ibm142/jre/lib
j13lib=c:/ibm131/jre/lib
java14compile.classpath=${j14lib}/core.jar;${j14lib}/server.jar;${j14lib}/xml.jar

Never seems to work for me, I have to expand the j14lib to hard coded
values.

Dan.