db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: DERBY-213 IRC Chat :ResultSet.next() after last row of FORWARD_ONLY cursor throws an SQL Exception with Network Server
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:23:13 GMT
#Hi,

>>>>>>>>>> "DJD" == Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com>
wrote:

#DJD>
#DJD> Kathey Marsden wrote:
#DJD> > If you made it this far, I am looking for input on summaries for #IRC chats..
#DJD> >
#DJD> >     * Is this too much / too little detail.
#DJD> >     * Are the transcripts at all helpful?  I think I might drop #them if
#DJD> > they are not useful.
#DJD> >     * Would a weekly summary be better?
#DJD>
#DJD> I'm guessing a weekly summary would not be better, there is the
#DJD> potential for too many subjects to be covered in a single e-mail.
#DJD> Also assuming you want other people's input on your discussions, a #week
#DJD> lag seems like a bad idea.
#
#I would tend to concur on this. BTW: are your IRC discussions "open" for
#listening in  ;-)  ? I would like to see this practice spread..
#
#DJD>
#DJD> I'm not sure the transcripts are required, depends on the quality of #the
#DJD> summary.
#
#I say, do include them, so those who want to dig down, can! I think
#they have a separate value, too, viz. my hallway comparison in an
#earlier reply on this item.
#
#Thanks,
#
#Dag
#
#
#DJD>
#DJD> Dan.
#DJD>

I know I don't mind people listening in; in fact I would encourage it. You never know when
the "listeners" might have something important to add.

Philip