db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Proposed JIRA workflow changes
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:13:52 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:

> The intent behind assigning an item was not to force someone to look at
> something but to allow each person to know what items are on their
> plate, either to fix, review, commit, or close.  Perhaps that's not an
> issue; I was trying to address Kathey's concerns.  I do agree assigning
> a patch review could discourage others from looking at the patch, but in
> most cases you're doing well if you get *one* person to look at your
> patch, let alone multiple people...

And part of my point was other Apache projects must have dealt with this
issue, so let's learn from them and not invent a new process.

I do like the idea of having patches only in Jira entries, the apache
httpd page said a patch must be attached to a bug to be considered. That
in itself would be a good rule, at least then all patches could be found
through an open issue query at Jira.

Dan.