db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Proposed JIRA workflow changes
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:00:17 GMT

David Van Couvering wrote:

> I'd like to add that we can improve the process immediately without
> having to wait for the JIRA changes, by
>
>   (a) contacting a *specific* person to review and to commit a patch and

I am not sure if this is a good idea. That specific person may not have
expertise in that area of code or may be on vacation or busy with other
activities. We are all supposed to be "volunteers" in open source world,
right? I do agree patches not getting reviewed in time is a problem.
This problem usually gets worse close to a release, as everyone is busy
addressing their "itches".

>   (b) re-assigning items to the person responsible for the next step
> in the lifecycle of the item, so that an individual can easily
> determine what they are responsible for.

Well... This may not work, if the person is off on vacation or busy with
some other activities.

Satheesh