db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposed JIRA workflow changes
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:57:06 GMT
Thanks, Dan.  The intent behind contacting specific people to avoid
patch purgatory, but I see your point that the items that are of most
value and which have been put together well will naturally "bubble" to
the top because people will be willing and interested in reviewing them.
  A sort of Darwinian approach to patch integration :)

The intent behind assigning an item was not to force someone to look at
something but to allow each person to know what items are on their
plate, either to fix, review, commit, or close.  Perhaps that's not an
issue; I was trying to address Kathey's concerns.  I do agree assigning
a patch review could discourage others from looking at the patch, but in
most cases you're doing well if you get *one* person to look at your
patch, let alone multiple people...

David