db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-31: More on semantics for Statement.setQueryTimeout: ResultSet.updateRow
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 16:21:34 GMT
I'm guessing the JDBC spec doesn't have anything to say about this?

Do we know what other drivers do for updateRow() and deleteRow()?

Barring any existing explicit or implicit standard behavior, my feeling
is that any method that results in a remote round-trip should support a
timeout.  I have dealt with too many applications where the application
hangs if for some reason the remote service is not responding.

Thanks,

David